My client in the Shropshire Council has an exciting opportunity for an Animal Health Professional Officer to join their team on a temporary contract.
The ideal person will be able to deliver a range of animal health and feed hygiene functions with a focus on animal health and welfare, disease control, feed safety and protecting the food chain. You will be Supporting operational officers on matters in order to promote fair and safe business.
The working hours for this role are Mon-Fri 9.00-17.00 paying £16.60 per hour.
- Deliver operational action plans and projects across a wide range animal health and welfare, disease control and feed safety areas, in either a lead or support role.
- Undertake research and analysis across a wide range of regulatory functions in order to provide businesses with high quality and accurate advice on the implementation of complex legislation and standards across the UK and EU.
- Plan and undertake complex investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Policy and collect and prepare evidence and investigation reports to ensure that prosecution cases meet the very highest legal and professional standards and achieve successful outcomes.
- Undertake auditing and assessment of farms and complex business processes and operations and make appropriate recommendations for change and improvement in order to improve compliance levels.
- Utilise problem solving, negotiation and mediation to resolve complex issues and complaints reported by residents, businesses, partner agencies and services.
- Prepare, present and make recommendations and appear as a witness in complex prosecutions or in other judicial or enforcement processes in order to promote fair and safe business practices and protect the environment.
- Educated to diploma/degree level or equivalent other professional qualifications.
- Experience in a similar role.
- High level of professional knowledge and practical enforcement and regulatory expertise in several core Regulatory Services functional areas (Animal Health and Welfare, Disease Control and Feed Safety).
- Experience in high level auditing, inspections and investigations.
- Experience leading and delivering projects to assess levels of compliance in high risk areas.
- Full UK driving license.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Jess on 01743 461239 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolute Personnel specialises in temporary and permanent recruitment for commercial, industrial, catering, transport and skilled & technical sectors. If this vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.absolutepersonnel.co.ukAPPLY FOR THIS JOB