Distribution Centre Operative.
40 Hours per week.
Temporary- Permanent position.
Our client requires a distribution centre Operative. This position is 40 hours a week Monday- Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm with an unpaid 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
In this position, you will be responsible for unpacking, checking, and storing goods received from suppliers. You will also be responsible for picking, packing, and despatching customer orders.
Must be available for an immediate start.
- Take receipt of goods from suppliers.
- Take receipt of returns.
- Unpack and check goods received from suppliers against purchase orders.
- Unpack, check and advise the Team Leader of customer returns.
- Advise the Team Leader of short deliveries and discrepancies.
- Pre-pack goods in specified quantities and packaging.
- Pick and pack bill assembly orders.
- Plan and carry out safe, efficient, and logical put-away and storage of goods.
- Pick and pack goods for customer orders and attend to any special requirements.
- Complete despatch documentation for carriers.
- Despatch orders according to their status.
- Complete manual handling duties (this may include chemicals handling).
- Assist with cycle counting and inventory duties.
- Keep workplace, shelves, and racks, clean, safe, and tidy.
- Complete Distribution Centre reports as appropriate.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and to participate in appropriate training and development activities.
- Cooperate with the company on health and safety matters and comply with the company’s health and safety policy, procedures, and Safe Systems of Work (SSoW).
- Cooperate with the company on quality and environmental matters and comply with the company’s quality and environmental policies and procedures to promote a culture of customer service excellence within the company.
- Must be Hard-working as a reasonable amount of overtime will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
- Must be reliable and have good organizational skills as you will be managing your performance in terms of timekeeping, attendance, accuracy of work, quality, and compliance with procedures.
- To comply with all legal requirements in respect of the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Must be able to work well in a team and demonstrate good human relations both within the team and with other departments.
- Must have previous experience of working in warehouses.
- Must have the ability to read assembly documentation such as drawings and work instructions.
- Must have experience in a fast-paced production environment.
- Must have previous experience using a handheld device and scanner.
To apply for this role, call our office on 01743 461239 or send to Erin.