Environmental Health Officer
Full Time/ Contract
£16.60 per hour
Our client Shropshire Council is looking for an Environmental Health Officer to cover Maternity Leave.
The hours are Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00
It is essential applicants have a full driving licence.
The purpose of the post will be to deliver a range of regulatory and enforcement duties in Regulatory Services with a particular focus on environmental health, anti-social behaviour and statutory nuisance to proactively tackle anti-social behaviour within the County.
The post holder will be:
- responsible to Environmental Protection Team Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
- expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
Deliver operational action plans and projects across a wide range of anti-social behaviour and statutory nuisance functional areas, in either a lead or support role, in order to raise standards of compliance and deliver improved regulatory outcomes in the service area.
Specific tasks associated with this post are:
- The provision of technical advice for the Statutory Nuisance and anti-social behaviour functions
- To respond to nuisance and anti-social behaviour enquiries from the public, members and partner organisations as required.
- Investigate and resolve a variety of environmental health nuisance and anti-social behaviour complaints and service requests.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and appropriate practices and attend seminars, meetings and training courses as required.
- Install and use noise monitoring equipment to help assess industrial and commercial noise complaints.
- Serve abatement notices, Community Protection Warnings or notices and appear in Court as necessary to defend any appeals against those notices.
The post holder will ensure they:
- adopt a customer focused approach when delivering their service, ensuring engagement with service users and maintenance of an appropriate personal profile,
- Educated to diploma/degree level or equivalent in Environmental Health or other professional qualifications which satisfy minimum requirements necessary to undertake statutory or specialist functions, or other relevant training or experience which gives an equivalent level of competence across a wide range of Regulatory Services functional areas including environmental health, nuisance and anti-social behaviour.
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant specialist subject area (Environmental Health / Environmental Protection/ Anti-Social Behaviour / Statutory Nuisance).
- Membership of a relevant professional body
Please forward CV to MicheleAPPLY FOR THIS JOB