Machine, Assembly, and Packaging Operative.
40 Hours per week.
Temporary- Permanent position.
Are you looking for a Full-time temp-perm position?
Our client requires a Machine, Assembly, and Packaging Operative. This position is 40 hours a week Monday- Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm with an unpaid 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
In this position you will be responsible for running a variety of machines such as Edge Banders, Beam Saws, Graphic Printers, and Packaging machines to allow for in-house manufactured products to be produced, assembled, and packaged, ensuring the creation and delivery of a quality finished product.
Must be available for an immediate start.
- Setting up of machines, adjusting for each job.
- Operating the machinery, keeping an eye out for any defects or issues.
- Helping transport raw materials and finished pieces.
- Inspecting and calibrating machinery or equipment.
- Using measurement tools to verify the accuracy of machined workpieces against blueprints or drawings.
- Operating and feeding the machines safely and efficiently, and according to established procedures.
- Carrying out assembly, picking and packing of production runs to a high standard.
- Reading and comprehending instructions and following established procedures.
- Applying packaging securely to both assembled and flat-packed products to a high standard to avoid damage in transit.
- Loading product onto pallets or into racking as directed.
- Creating fixing packs accurately.
- Disposing safely and correctly of any waste material created.
- Cooperating with the company on health and safety matters and complying with the company’s health and safety policy, procedures, and Safe Systems of Work (SSoW).
- Cooperating with the company on quality and environmental matters and complying with the company’s quality and environmental policies and procedures to promote a culture of customer service excellence within the company.
- Must be Hard-working as a reasonable amount of overtime will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
- Must be reliable and have good organizational skills as you will be managing your performance in terms of timekeeping, attendance, accuracy of work, quality, and compliance with procedures.
- To comply with all legal requirements in respect of the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Must be able to work well in a team and demonstrate good human relations both within the team and with other departments.
- Must have previous experience of working with Timber Materials and woodworking machinery.
- Must have good knowledge of set-up and operation of manufacturing machines.
- Must have experience in the safe use of a range of hand and power tools.
- Must have the ability to read assembly documentation such as drawings and work instructions.
- Must have general knowledge of assembly operations.
- Must have experience in a fast-paced production environment.
To apply for this role, call our office on 01743 461239 or send to Erin.