My Client in Shrewsbury is looking for a Payments Assistant to join their team on a temporary, ongoing basis.
It is a full-time role, Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00, paying £10.14 per hour.
You must have experience in a similar role and be available for an immediate start.
- Assist in the efficient and effective provision of the Purchase Ledger service to the Council and Directorates, including the processing of purchase invoices and purchase order functions in accordance with agreed procedures
- Assist in the efficient and effective administration of tasks relating to the P2P module of Business World
- Handle and resolve internal and external queries, from numerous sources and identify the appropriate processes and procedures to use and making judgements within these
- Open and distribute the post
- Monitor mailboxes and deal with or refer enquiries to relevant officer as necessary
- Assist with the accurate and secure storage of documents ensuring they are retained in line with corporate policy
- Assist other functions/activities within the Finance Transaction team when demand requires
- Experience working in a fast paced and demanding finance environment
- High Degree of numeracy and accuracy
- Working experience of Windows software packages (Microsoft Office)
- Experience of manual filing and data management systems
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work and achieve deadline with the minimum of supervision
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more, please send across your CV to email@example.com or call 01743 461239APPLY FOR THIS JOB