Northwich CW9 7RA
Full Time, Permanent
Paying Up To £25,000 Per Annum
Our client requires a Payroll Assistant.
The position is full time, Monday to Friday, office based. This role is with an immediate start for the successful candidate. You will need to prepare a range of payrolls of varying complexity in accordance with client deadlines and specific requirements.
To ensure that employee calculations are correctly entered in accordance with client instruction onto Iris Payroll Software.
- Identifying missing information and discussing with Client
- To be proactive in advising clients when they are not complying with legislation
- Processing statutory notifications and payments (e.g. SMP, SSP), voluntary deductions, third party payments, AEO’s and occupational entitlements, ensuring accuracy of calculations
- To forward data to client under GDPR regulations
- To submit data to HMRC & advise client of PAYE liability
To understand clients pension scheme
- Process in accordance with scheme set up (ie: Relief at Source/Net Pay Arrangement) and calculations are checked for accuracy
- Ensure that Auto Enrolment rules are being adhered to including re-enrolment
- Produce CSV files for upload
- Enter contributions onto provider website manually when required
- To carry out Year End procedures as directed by manager
Employer Services procedures adopted along with Team Rules
- Checklists completed for each payroll process, along with final control sheet & whiteboard
- Maintain the upkeep of paper & electronic files to specified standard
- To provide guidance to Grade 1 Technician as and when required
- Ensure all records are stored in line with GDPR policies
To support team by undertaking HMRC (PAYE/CIS), Pension Provider and Client Queries
- Liaise with Client/HMRC/Pension Provider by telephone/email
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of conversations
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good IT skills and knowledge
- Well organised and dedicated attention to detail
- Remain up to date on relevant payroll knowledge
- At least 1 year in Payroll (HR) Department.