Salary : Up to £25,000
Full Time : 39.5 Hours Monday-Friday
My client in Craven Arms is looking to appoint a Transport Planner/ Administrator to join them in their Transport Department which is located in modern offices within the warehouse. You will be reporting to the Warehouse manager and working alongside other members of the busy, friendly team. The company has a grade structure and focused individuals can progress and flourish in such a professional environment.
This position is to provide administrative support to the multi-drop delivery service in support of the Company’s business plan and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day to day transport function in reference to rota preparation, routes, driver / vehicle availability
- Process daily run sheets and courier information onto respective database
- Liaise with Sales and Warehouse Manager to advise on and revise delivery runs to ensure optimum customer service
- Record, transmit and monitor driver timesheets to ensure compliance with working time regulations
- Utilise vehicle tracking software to monitor performance and maximise efficiency
- Arrange and manage driver training to ensure compliance with legislation and best practise
- Process driver tachograph information and follow up on recommendations / infringements
- Liaise with Transport Manager and Fleet Mechanic on general upkeep, repair and maintenance of the delivery fleet to optimise vehicle availability
- Follow proper operations and procedures so as to remain compliant with ISO quality and health & safety standards
- Perform any other duties as required and as commensurate with the role
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of Driver Working Regulations and have strong Excel and Word skills. You will also be a good communicator and be able to converse with people on the phone.
If you think you are the person for the job, please call or send your CV to me.
Absolute Personnel specialises in temporary and permanent recruitment for commercial, industrial, catering, transport and skilled & technical sectors. If this vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.absolutepersonnel.co.ukAPPLY FOR THIS JOB